Monday, September 15, 2008

More Yost stuff

Funny thing is I was actually going to do my column this week on whether or not Ned Yost should be fired at the end of this season. I never thought the Brewers would do it with 12 games left in the season.

By all accounts Yost is a good guy, he just isn't much of a leader. Last year they faded down the stretch and missed the playoffs. It was their first year in that position in a long time so he got the benefit of the doubt. Two years in a row is unacceptable, especially with the acquisition of CC Sabathia and the way he has performed.

I don't think I make this move, though, with less than two weeks to play.

After getting swept by the Phillies this weekend, the Brewers find themselves tied atop the NL wild card standings with 12 games to play.

No comments: